The other day we ventured into some St. Patrick's Day crafts!
I have been trying to find some easy ones for us to do and was inspired by the following:

So we started with the hand print art. Mckenna has a love for all things rainbows and paint!
Perfect!
We started with painting her hand in rainbow stripes! She LOVED this!
Perfect little print!
While that dried, she cut out some gold coins. We didn't have any fun gold coins like in the feature project! I just saw some last week in the Target dollar bins, too! Bummed I didn't get them. Maybe they will still be there today and we can make another one!!
Mckenna did get to continue to practice her cutting skills. She's getting really good!
She's understanding how to rotate the paper as she cuts.
Cute little gold coins! She's 3... she doesn't know the difference!
For the black pot I just cut out a half circle shape and we glued it down!
Although ours isn't as fancy as the original, we love it just the same!!
Our second project kind of morphed from my original plan! I had fully intended to just make the yummy edible necklace as seen above! We already had some Fruit Loops, so I thought it would just be an easy and yummy way to work on some lace skills.
Well, Norah had other plans for us and needed a nap just after I told Mckenna we had a craft to make that she could eat.
So what does any Mommy do?
I left her with a big bowl of Fruit Loops and six smaller bowls. Her directions were to sort them by color while I put Norah down for a nap. Score!
I got her started and headed upstairs! She did a great job... and was able to snack along the way!
Coincidentally the concept of graphing was introduced at preschool that very day. The kids had made bar graphs of their classmates favorite Disney characters. On the fly I decided to reinforce the lesson from the school day and created a bar graph printable on Microsoft Word.
After having sorted the colored loops, we started counting and colored in the bar graph to match the quantity in the bowls (I colored and explained to her what we were doing, after all she's only 3).
We were able to discuss concepts of more and less, as well as compare quantities since two colors had the same amount.
She was very proud of her graph!
Then we FINALLY got to the yummy part. She was losing patience!
We used some ribbon to lace a color pattern on to the necklace.
As I said before, Mckenna loves all things rainbows, so the whole time she was singing the "Rainbow Song" from Micky Mouse Clubhouse.
Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue... Don't forget there's Purple, too!
Rainbow colors for me and you!
Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue... Don't forget there's Purple, too!
Rainbow colors for me and you!
Modeling her sweet treat!!
Delish!
St. Patrick's Day Decor
As I've been talking about St. Patrick's Day with Mckenna, I realized we don't really have any decorations for our house for the holiday. I have a door sign, but that's it!
I started looking for something fun and printable that I could hang in my entryway, as well as use in the backdrop of some St. Patrick's Day pictures!
Here is what I found at:
Must change out Valentine's Day picture! Oops!
Sneak peak at one of our pictures using the banner!
LINKING UP:
The 36th Avenue
The Real Coake
Fireflies and Jellybeans
The Trendy Treehouse
Polka Dots on Parade
Southern Lovely
Sugar and Dots
Tip Junkie
Skip to My Lou
Under the Table and Dreaming
Flamingo Toes
A Bowl Full of Lemons
No Time for Flash Cards
I Heart Naptime -Sundae Scoop
Six Sister Stuff
Sugar Aunts
Mama to 4 Blessings
Delicate Construction
Someday Crafts - Special St. Patrick's Day Crafts















































Awww - so awesome! I'm so glad our rainbow handprint inspired you and your little one. Looks like she had fun. And I love how she cut out her own coins! Great job, Mama. :)
ReplyDeleteSo fun. Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteHI Sarah!
ReplyDeleteI love some of those St. Patrick's Day ideas for the kids.. the kids I nanny would love them!
Also, thanks for stopping by my blog this week!
Beth @ The First Year Blog
Thanks for visiting!! I hope they enjoy the crafts!
DeleteNewest follower here! I found you through the six sisters' stuff blog hop :) You have a super cute blog, I can't wait to read more. You can find me at meandmr.com
ReplyDelete-Melanie @meandmr.com
What a fun and busy week you had! I love that you were able to use the craft for a graphing lesson as well as a yummy fun craft!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for linking up at Real Family Fun. Hope to see you again next week.
KC